My Guide Website?
From Costa del Sol & Málaga: Caminito del Rey Guided Tour3150 Reviews BEST SELLER
Join a guided hiking day trip from Costa del Sol and surrounding areas. Walk the path across the El Chorro Gorge along the Caminito del Rey and get a glimpse of this incredible piece of engineering.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malaga:If youʻre booking your trip to Malaga last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel the cool breeze of the hills as you trek along the El Chorro cliffs gangway
- Get ready for a day full of adventure with a guide on a safe trail
- Buckle up your helmet and walk along the path by the Gorge of the Gaitanes
- Get immersed in the natural beauty as you pass through the cliffs and canyons
- Discover the varieties of flora and fauna of the region during your journey
DescriptionPrepare for a day of adventure as you walk the Caminito del Rey along the walls of the El Chorro gorge in Málaga. Follow a guide on a safe trail leading to the footbridge that runs through the Desfiladero de Los Gaitanes. Begin your day with a pickup from one of the many spots in Málaga and travel to Ardales. You will make a short stop in Ardales, a white village, so you can purchase breakfast in a this local area before to start the activity. Return to the bus and continue until you reach the northern access point of the Caminito del Rey. Walk through a small long tunnel to reach the natural paths that lead to the entrance checkpoint of the gorges. Then, receive a helmet and listen to the safety instructions. Learn what to expect during the trek and the guide will accompany you at the end of the group to answer your questions along the way while you enjoy the experience. Pass by the Gorge of the Gaitanes, a natural pass across the hills that separates the Malaga coastline from the islands with the River Guadalhorce flowing at the bottom. Embark on a safe and comfortable walk surrounded by breathtaking scenery. El Caminito del Rey, after many years of total abandonment, is now a rebuilt path that stretches between 2 gorges and a large valley. After finishing the downhill trail from north to south, reach the exit point where your bus awaits. Once the group is on board the bus, return to Costa del Sol and be dropped off at your pickup point.
IncludesTransportation in a bus with multiple pickup options Entrance fee to the Caminito del Rey Tour guide Helmets
- The path may close without prior warning due to safety reasons or strong winds or rain In this case, a full refund or change of tour date will be offered
- Children under 8 years old are not permitted to join the tour
- A small backpack is useful to carry a small bottle of water, some nuts, fruits or a snack
- Walking sticks and selfie sticks are not permitted on the trek
- Please wear walking shoes, Flip flops and open-toe sandals are not permitted
- Please bring a coat during the winter