My Guide Website?
Malaga: Picasso’s Birthplace Museum Entrance Ticket37 Reviews
Visit Museo Casa Natal de Picasso in the heart of Malaga’s historic center. Explore the birthplace of Pablo Picasso, now a museum. Discover the permanent collection of personal items, the library, works by the artist, and see the temporary exhibition.
- Follow in the footsteps of Pablo Picasso by visiting the house where he was born
- See a collection of the famous artist’s works across a range of art forms
- Explore the lasting influence of Malaga on Picasso the man and his work
- Find out about significant motifs in Picasso's art, like doves and bullfighting
- Discover over 3,500 works of contemporary art by more than 200 other artists
DescriptionEnjoy entrance to the Museo Casa Natal de Picasso in Malaga. Wander through the temporary exhibition, and see interesting personal mementos from Picasso’s life. The first floor displays works by the artist and his father, Jose Ruiz Blasco. As you explore the museum's 9 rooms, discover the thematic importance of Malaga to Picasso's work. Find out about his artistic training and early life, and learn about the significance of nudes, bullfighting, doves, the Mediterranean, and other symbolic influences in Picasso's art. See objects from Picasso's early life, from one of his baby shirts to the shoes he learned to walk in. Get a glimpse into his family life with photographs and portraits, and admire Picasso's art in a range of media, including sketchbooks, lithographs, ceramics, and more. The museum also contains over 3,500 examples of contemporary art by more than 200 artists, including a large selection of graphic art by Miró, Bacon, Ernst, Matta, and many other artists. Contemporary artists from the 1950s to the present day are also represented.
IncludesEntrance ticket Audio guide
- The Museum is free every Sunday from 4:00 PM until closure and is free for unemployed and disabled persons
- Last entry is 30 minutes before closing