My Guide Website?
Malaga: Self-Guided Audio Tour discovering Moorish Heritage1 Reviews
Embark on a unique walk through Malaga's Moorish heritage: a self-guided audio tour into an Arabesque legacy, passing by 11 key locations on a carefully curated itinerary by young professionals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malaga:If youʻre booking your trip to Malaga last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Grand Tour: Málaga's Best Sights and Surronds
- From Málaga: Frigiliana Hiking Tour with Wine & Appetizers
- Tour to Gibralfaro
- UK/Europe: eSim Mobile Data Plan
- From Malaga and Costa del Sol: Day Trip to Tetouan, Morocco
- Explore the old town of Malaga with an immersive audio-guide
- Understand where you are by accessing valuable knowledge of historical events
- Stroll while discovering curiosities and highlights about the Moorish city
- Follow a digital map on your smartphone while listening to informative audio
DescriptionIndulge in an unparalleled exploration of Moorish Malaga with our exclusive self-guided audio tour, narrating the extraordinary legacy of the old Muslim Kingdom in Spain. Using your smartphone and personal headphones, seamlessly blend art and history as you wander through the city's enchanting streets. As you walk, unlock the story of 'Al-Andalus', and the famous Spanish 'Reconquista' by Christian lords. This route touches on famous and less known places that still remind us of the ancient and prosperous Nasrid Kingdom of Granada, of which Malaga was part. Pass by iconic locales including 📍Malaga Cathedral,📍The Alcazaba, and📍Gibralfaro Castle, among other hidden places. (Note: entrance is optional, choose to enter at your expense) The distance between stops is a delightful 5 to 10 minutes stroll, creating an ideal full-day exploration for enthusiasts keen on visiting every location, with each site requiring 30 to 50 minutes. For your information: The Alcazaba and the Castle are not far from each other, but it’s a steep climb up, taking around 20-30 minutes, well worth the effort for the views. However, due to the steepness of the trail, for those wishing to take the bus, it is possible to go down and then take the number 35 that will lead you up the breathtaking view of the castle.
IncludesExclusive access link and passcode for Smartphone Audio-Guide (English only) Online Digital Map for Smartphone Customised Itinerary Route with GPS Enriching Audio Information at every stop
- Redeem tour access using the provided link and passcode in the voucher mail. Entrance to suggested places is recommended for an optimal experience but not mandatory. For those planning to visit the mentioned places, it is advisable to verify separately the opening hours and ticket availability beforehand. This audio guide requires internet access; remember to check you have enough mobile data before you start. The tour is self-guided, allowing you to start and pause independently. Completion time is variable, depending on the walking pace and stops taken. After an optional visit to the Alcazaba, you can reach the castle from the uphill street close to the Alcazaba entrance (Juan Temboury Street). It is possible to buy a combo ticket for Alcazaba and Gibralfaro Castle directly at the Alcazaba ticket office.